Youth Publishing  

Posted

Have you ever Googled yourself? Don't be shy. We've all done it.

My problem is what turns up when I do. Poetry I got published when I was in High School. Really terrible stuff. There is one where I actually complain about how I don't have a boyfriend. In a POEM. A poem NOT on myspace.

What were these publishers thinking? Sure it sounds like a good idea to encourage youth. Give them a taste of publication and they will go after it like dogs. It encourages literacy in the youngins too. Lets do it!

Except now I will be plauged with those publications for the rest of my life. They don't go away. Google remembers. Google always remembers.

"Oh I think I'll do a report on vastly famous Tamara. I liked her in my text book. Lets see what comes up on google. Oh look. It's a poem about boyfriends... how... mature."

Thanks for encouraging me while I was crap guys. Thanks alot.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
This entry was posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 3:09 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

oh poor tamara. she was published in publishly things and boo hoo her poems were about not having a boyfriend. I think we all can identify with that kind of poem, it might be embarrassing but it wasn't crap, it was hight school, and at least you got published. I praise you my dear.... but you know what i'm going to do right now? i'm gonna google tamara bryan.

i bet if you googled me you'd find... nothing!

February 23, 2008 at 8:38 PM

I did google you. I found your portfolio. Not embarassing at all. Grumpy face.

February 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM

My pseudonym is actually the result of me being an excessive googler. It's much easier to compete with the handful of esbie's than with thousands sarah's. Yes, that is correct, I compete on google.

February 24, 2008 at 10:18 AM

tamara you rock even your bad poetry!! Yeah !

March 1, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Post a Comment