Review of Bad TV part two  

Posted

Dear readers,
you may have noticed a little poll on your left. Since there are only two votes tabulated and one of them was my vote, I can only assume that by "Dear Readers" I mean Angelina.

This one is for you.




Picture this: you just got home. It's been a long day. You turn on the boob tube. Nothings on. TRAGEDY. Wait Wait, G4 has your back. Ninja Warrior is on. Ninja Warrior is always on.

There are so many things that are amazing about this show. First there is of course the ridiculous obstacles these people put themselves through. My favorite is the wall hang. In what I think is the third stage, overly muscular asian men inch along a metallic wall using only their fingertips. If that isn't quality I don't know what is. I don't know anyone who can watch this show without cheering when someone gets past this obstacle.

But the best part of this show is the commentary. The announcer clickes away in what I can only assume is a made up language (ok ok its not made up, I was trying to be inflammatory) and across the bottom of the screen scroll the most serious commentary I have ever heard for a man gripping a rolling log. He says things like "He grips the log with heroic strength" and "He will bring honor on his house by defeating this obstacle." The only problem with the commentary is sometimes I read faster than I should, so I know whether the contestant makes it across before he does. Takes away the suspense.

Woman's Ninja Warrior is another beast all together. I've only seen one woman make it all the way through and she has done it several times. She has terrible teeth, a sparkly outfit and more skill in walking across life size dominoes than I knew existed. The first stage of obstacles in the woman's course is kinda lame. By that I mean it looks like I could maybe cross it perhaps. By penultimate stage though, I think they have the men beat for toughness. Life size dominoes PEOPLE!

Basically this show is so much fun I hesitate to call it bad TV. Then I remember there is a reoccuring contestant called octopus man and I realise, I just have really bad taste.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
This entry was posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 12:37 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

yay!


ps. i hate doing the word verification. you should take it away!

March 10, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I hate word verification too. Ewww, I didn't even realize I had that on!

March 11, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Wait...

Are you calling Ninja Warrior Bad TV? I love that show. Its my dream to be on it one day. Ask Ko he knows all about it. I'm gonna do it someday... then you won't be calling it bad TV... ... ... Well you'll probably still be calling it bad TV, your nut-job friend will just be on Bad TV. Hahahah...

Tim

April 18, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Well Tim, I hesitate to call it Bad TV, but it is just so bizarre that think I have to.

April 18, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Post a Comment