Reviews of Bad TV, part one  

Posted in , ,

You do it. I do it. It's universal. We all watch bad TV.

America's Next Top Model is one such show. VH1 plays it in a constant loop. I don't actually think they have any other shows. By now girls everywhere have Tyra's "I have blank number of beautiful girls in front of me" speach memorized. I know I do.

Why? Why does this show consume my sundays when I could be doing some many other productive things (practicing hula hoop, learning to belch my ABC's or for godsakes even thinking). Instead I sit slack jawed and watch pretty girls cry about professionally done hair cuts.

Hi my name is Tamara (Ta Mare A) and I am a bad TV addict

So here's whats good about this show: You get to see pretty girls cry. You get to guess which cycle it is by looking at Tyra's weave. Sometimes the judges make out with each other. And yes, sometimes the photoshoots are just plain spiffy!

That's good TV. I will no longer be ashamed of watching the objectifaction of woman, the plus sized models being forced to have "personality" to convince the world that they're beautiful. Instead, I'll practice my runway walk and beauty shot smile in the mirror. I will cry when I don't get my way. I will wish that I was 5'9" so I could audition. I will eat salad instead of porkchops (actually I kinda hate porkchops so that's not a sacrifice). And if someone steals my granola bars... there will be HELL to pay.

Thank you Bad TV. You have made my life richer!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 at 10:54 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

well i'm glad you are happy watching your bad TV. On the other hand, I find Ninja Warrior on my plate of tasty tv shows!

What happen to you being addicted to X-Play?

January 31, 2008 at 11:43 AM

I find that my addictive TV watching has come to a grinding halt with the writer's strike in full swing. Instead, my roommate plays her "The Office" DVD day in and day out.

Oh, and welcome to the blogosphere :)

SB's Blog

February 3, 2008 at 10:53 AM
Anonymous  

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

January 10, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Post a Comment